William Buist – Terms and Conditions for a Speaking Engagement
Definitions in this agreement
1. “Abelard”, “We” “Us” and “Our” means Abelard Management Services Limited, (company number 520 8092), whose registered office is Chenies, Coleford Road, Woodcroft, Chepstow, NP16 7HY
2. “The Speaker” means William Buist, Director of Abelard.
3. “The Client” and “You” and “Your” means the contracting party for speaking services supplied by William Buist.
4. These terms and conditions form the entire agreement between Abelard and The Client for the speaking services detailed below.
5. These terms may not be varied without the written agreement of both parties.
6. Speaking services will be provided solely by the speaker.
7. You engage Us to provide services to You on _____________ (the “Agreed Date”) and We agree to provide such services under the terms of this agreement provided written acceptance of these terms has been received from You by Us prior to the Agreed Date.
8. We will provide You with an invoice for the fee of £___________ plus VAT and You must make payment to Us at least 14 days prior to the Agreed Date. You will also pay Our reasonable travel, accommodation and subsistence charges. Late payment will be incur an additional fee of 10% of the invoice value
9. Cancellation of this agreement by You, less than 30 days prior to the Agreed Date will incur a full fee, cancellation by you of this agreement prior to 30days before the Agreed Date is subject to a cancellation charge of 50% of the agreed fee. You may terminate this agreement in writing, without penalty, for gross misconduct, or serious or persistent negligence by us and for which we have not taken reasonable steps to correct after notification by You to Us in writing.
10. Each party agrees that it shall maintain as confidential all information considered by either party to be confidential or of a commercially sensitive nature (including, but not limited to, the terms of this agreement) that it obtains from the other party and that is not in the public domain at the time the agreement is signed.
11. All intellectual property rights (“Rights”) in supporting materials and media (“Materials”) are vested in Abelard, and all rights are reserved.
12. Materials, including audio and video recordings of The Speaker, may not be reproduced or transmitted, lent, resold, hired out or otherwise circulated in any form without Our prior written permission.
13. Abelard shall not be liable for any failure to fulfil our obligations where such failure is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
14. These terms are governed by and to be construed in accordance with English law. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in Bristol, Avon.
15. You warrant that you hold adequate insurance, and agree to indemnify Us, for all liability risks related to the holding and running of the event.
Third Party Rights
16. Except to the extent (if at all) provided to the contrary in this Agreement, the provisions of this Agreement are for the sole benefit of the parties, and not for the benefit of any other persons or legal entities. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, a person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Agreement.
Name: William Buist